Chief Geotechnical Engineer
Malcolm Drilling has been innovating and leading the deep foundation industry for over six decades. As part of our deep foundations, retention systems, and ground improvement services, we also provide a range of special applications and dewatering techniques. By implementing Design/Build, we can execute projects quickly and effectively, allowing for timely collaboration with owners and contractors. Through our regional offices, we offer these services nationwide.
Job Title: Chief Geotechnical Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA or any regional office
- Provide technical and engineering support to across full company portfolio of projects and technologies, including deep foundations, earth retention systems and ground improvement.
- Review documents including plans, specifications and geotechnical reports, provide technical recommendations for bid stage, and awarded projects.
- Provide and/or review Design-Build proposals, including client presentations.
- Perform site visits to evaluate site conditions.
- Work with estimating teams to develop bidding strategy.
- Prepare and review project submittals including construction means and methods.
- Review and provide recommendations on technical aspects of changes and construction contract disputes.
- Establish quality control protocols. Oversee training and implementation.
- Develop and lead in-house training programs.
- Masters’ degree in geotechnical engineering required
- Previous experience in construction or contract management of benefit
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel nationwide
- Meet deadlines for multiple tasks
- Professional Engineer license preferred
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Geotechnical Design software.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid health benefits (PPO) for the employee and minimal contribution for ALL dependents, Dental, Vision and Health
- Company contributes up to 10% of your salary into 401K plan (no employee contribution required)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Malcolm Drilling Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, and a Drug-Free Workplace.