Malcolm Drilling has been innovating and leading the deep foundation industry for over six decades. As part of our deep foundations, retention systems, and ground improvement services, we also provide a range of special applications and dewatering techniques. By implementing Design/Build, we are able to execute projects quickly and effectively, allowing for timely collaboration with owners and contractors. Through our regional offices, we offer these services nationwide.
Job Title: District Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Provide engineering support across a full district portfolio of projects and technologies, including deep foundations, earth retention systems, and ground improvement
- Review documents including plans, specifications, and geotechnical reports, and provide technical recommendations for bid stage and awarded projects.
- Perform site visits to evaluate site conditions and report findings
- Perform calculations for standard temporary works like crane pick plans, work platform, or trestle stability analysis.
- Develop Value Engineering solutions
- Provide and/or review Design-Build proposals, including client presentations
- Work with the district estimating team to develop a bidding strategy
- Prepare and review project submittals including construction means and methods
- Review and provide recommendations on technical aspects of changes and construction contract disputes
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or geotechnical engineering required, Masters preferred
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Professional Engineer license in at least one state required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel
- Meet deadlines for multiple tasks
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Geotechnical Design software, like L-Pile, DeepEx, and AutoCAD.
- Experience in Project Management procedures is a definite plus
- Competitive Salary
- Paid health benefits (PPO) for the employee and minimal contribution for ALL dependents, Dental, Vision, and Health
- The company contributes up to 10% of your salary into a retirement plan
- Opportunities for career advancement
Send resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Malcolm Drilling Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and a Drug-Free Workplace.