Estimating and Office Assistant
Malcolm Drilling has been innovating and leading the deep foundation industry for over six decades. As part of our deep foundations, retention systems, and ground improvement services, we also provide a range of special applications and dewatering techniques. By implementing Design/Build, we are able to execute projects quickly and effectively, allowing for timely collaboration with owners and contractors. Our services are available nationwide, facilitated by our strategically located regional offices.
Job Title: Estimating & Office Assistant
Location: Irwindale, CA
- Receive and review preliminary bid information.
- Print and review drawings, specifications, addenda, and other project information to identify scope and prepare bid folders to provide to the lead estimators.
- Coordinate by email and phone with general contractors, subcontractors, and various staff to discuss and determine scope of work.
- Answer incoming calls related to new or ongoing bid opportunities.
- Manage dedicated estimating email and search bidding websites for potential bid opportunities.
- Download, organize, and update bid folders.
- Maintain and update the District Bid List daily.
- Input bid proposal data into the District Bid Spreadsheet.
- Call in and update Dig Alert tickets and OSHA Notifications for District projects.
- Maintain and update District prequalification’s with general contractors.
- Maintain and update the District Equipment Schedule.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting as needed for Windows, MS Office, Mitel VOIP phones, desk printers, monitors, company iPhones, and minor networking at employee desk stations.
- Coordinate with the Corporate IT Department as the District point of contact for various hardware and software setup and upgrades.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Expertise in Windows OS, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe and/or BlueBeam.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills required. Must be able to accommodate multiple requests from different estimators with varying deadlines.
- Competitive Salary.
- Paid health benefits (PPO) for the employee and minimal contribution for ALL dependents, Dental, Vision, and Health.
- The company contributes up to 10% of your salary into a retirement plan.
- Opportunities for career advancement.
Schedule: Full Time
Send resume to – email@example.com
Malcolm Drilling Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and a Drug-Free Workplace.