Field Engineer-Slurry Wall
Malcolm Drilling has been innovating and leading the deep foundation industry for over six decades. As part of our deep foundations, retention systems, and ground improvement services, we also provide a range of special applications and dewatering techniques. By implementing Design/Build, we are able to execute projects quickly and effectively, allowing for timely collaboration with owners and contractors. Through our regional offices, we offer these services nationwide.
Job Title: Field Engineer (Entry Level)
Location: Hayward, CA
Malcolm drilling is subcontracted to install two slurry wall shafts for the construction of a new water tunnel beneath the Fraser River. The two shafts will be located at either end of the tunnel. The smaller North Shaft is located at the north end of the tunnel in the City of New Westminster, and the larger South Shaft is located at the south end of the tunnel in the City of Surrey. The tunnel will be constructed via tunnel boring machine beneath the river, and will be launched from the South Shaft and retrieved from the North Shaft. Malcolm’s work will only include the construction of the slurry walls used to support the North and South Shaft excavations which is expected to be completed over the course of approximately 1 year.
The role of Field Engineer for Malcolm Drilling will involve being the onsite testing and QC manager for Malcolm’s work. Daily tasks will include regular testing of bentonite slurry properties, concrete properties, steel reinforcement inspection, various daily report preparation, and general project supervision. The individual will work alongside Malcolm’s superintendent and report directly to District Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager with takeoffs and construction schedules
- Coordinate with contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers
- Study drawings, specification and geotechnical reports
- Assist the site Superintendent with the implementation of quality control measures
- Record and verify on-site activities and production summaries
- Work 70% in the field and 30% in the office
- Understand and help implementing required safety measurements
- Attend company wide training
- Bachelor’s’ degree in civil engineering or construction management preferred
- Previous experience in construction is not required but is a plus
- We will consider recent college graduates for this role
- Must be well organized, responsible, reliable, punctual, and eager to learn and have a strong work ethic
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Ability to travel to various job sites within the district
- Driver’s license required
- Ability to obtain a US Passport
- Competitive Salary
- Paid health benefits (PPO) for the employee and minimal contribution for ALL dependents, Dental, Vision and Health
- Company contributes up to 10% of your salary into 401K plan (no employee contribution required)
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Bonus Pay
Send resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Malcolm Drilling Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, and a Drug-Free Workplace.