Do you want to be part of one of the leading geotechnical contractors in the industry?
Join Malcolm Drilling Company, Inc. – one of the largest Specialty Contractors in the world and in business for over 60 years!
Company offers competitive salary, 100% paid health benefits (PPO) for you and ALL dependents, company contributes up to 10% of your salary into retirement plan (no employee contribution required) and opportunity for career advancement.
We are hiring for the following position:
Job Title: Project Engineer
City, State: Kent, WA
General Project Description:
Malcolm drilling is subcontracted to install two slurry wall shafts for the construction of a new water tunnel beneath the Fraser River. The two shafts will be located at either end of the tunnel. The smaller North Shaft is located at the north end of the tunnel in the City of New Westminster, and the larger South Shaft is located at the south end of the tunnel in the City of Surrey. The tunnel will be constructed via tunnel boring machine beneath the river, and will be launched from the South Shaft and retrieved from the North Shaft. Malcolm’s work will only include the construction of the slurry walls used to support the North and South Shaft excavations which is expected to be completed over the course of approximately 1 year.
The role of Project Engineer for Malcolm Drilling will involve being the onsite testing and QC manager for Malcolm’s work. Daily tasks will include regular testing of bentonite slurry properties, concrete properties, steel reinforcement inspection, various daily report preparation, and general project supervision. The individual will work alongside Malcolm’s superintendent and report directly to me with oversight from Ihab.
- Assist the Project Manager with takeoffs and construction schedules
- Coordinate with contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers
- Study drawings, specification and geotechnical reports
- Assist the site Superintendent with the implementation of quality control measures
- Record and verify on-site activities and production summaries
- Work 70% in the field and 30% in the office
- Understand and help implementing required safety measurements
- Attend company wide training
- Bachelor’s’ degree in civil engineering or construction management preferred
- Previous experience in construction is not required but is a plus
- We will consider recent college graduates for this role
- Must be well organized, responsible, reliable, punctual, and eager to learn and have a strong work ethic
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Ability to travel to various job sites within the district
- Driver’s license required
Malcolm Drilling Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kent, WA 98031: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Send resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org